Sunday, October 25, 2009

Falling Into Fall

Fall has never been my favorite season, but it's beginning to grow on me. Maybe it's because Fall in Texas usually lasts approximately a week and a half, so it really hasn't ever had a fighting chance. Maybe it's because the appeal of school vacation, shaved ice, my birthday, fireworks, and the pool kept Summer in the number one position for so long. Maybe it's because hot cocoa, snow, endless holiday treats, and Christmas made Winter seem so obviously superior. But this year...something changed inside of me. I'm learning to appreciate Fall. With the turning leaves, open windows, brisk walks, and spiced pumpkin lattes, how could I not? And then there are these.

Something about these gourds is just so beautiful. They are unusual looking and certainly not anything I'm willing to cook up and taste - but, I love them! They remind me of the promises of Fall - the autumnal colors, kids dressed up in cute costumes, giving thanks.

Tonight Andreas and I are going to carve our Halloween pumpkin (not one of my cute gourds pictured - gasp!). I'll post pics of the finished product soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment