Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{6 Months}

Anders is 6 months old today and I can barely believe it. In my entire life I have probably not felt the levels of elation, frustration, adoration, and fulfillment that I have in these most recent months. It's funny how you can read the same thing over and over and over or listen to friends testify to truths, but never fully understand until you are there yourself. Cliches are cliches for a reason my friends. Children...They do grow too quickly. They do push you to your limits. They do reveal your selfish and sinful nature. They do bring you purpose. They do foster a love inside of you deeper than you can fathom. I won't wax poetic, but I will say this. We are beyond grateful that he is part of our family. Thank you Lord.


Six months discovering what it means to be parents. Six months of nursing, bouncing, cuddling, comforting, diapering, holding, loving, and here we are. I can unload the dishwasher with one hand and can sing more Veggie Tales songs than I care to know. Andreas can wrestle a wriggling baby into a onesie and can navigate to different rooms of the house in the pitch black darkness of night without running into furniture.


But Anders is the impressive one. He is full of smiles. He grabs and gnaws on whatever he can reach. He sleeps through the night (mostly). He rolls around. He giggles. He loves walks in the stroller. He sits up. He eats solids. He naps.



And on his 6 month birthday, this is what our morning looked like.



Helping Andreas prep his breakfast.





Bumbo time while Andreas and I ate.





And snuggles.


We love you little man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment