Tuesday, July 30, 2013

{Years in Review}

There's no denying it; we are in the dog days of summer. I think my initial assumption was that these months would move slowly, characterized by days with no real agenda. But that hasn't been the case at all. Instead, our days are full. Full of life, friends, sunshine, and growth. Full of activity. And let's be honest, with a toddler and a baby in the house our days are also full of disciplining, correcting, feeding, and diaper changing. These things take time. I'm not blogging as regularly as I would like to be, but I'm motivated to improve. I like the accountability frequent blogging provides, the challenge to capture our life with images and document it with words.

When I was pregnant with Anders we purchased a 4-session photography package: maternity, newborn, 6 month, and 1 year photos. As usual, time slipped away from us and what was intended to take one year was extended to almost two. We recently received our final album, and it made me reminisce. What a difference two years can make.


 8 Months Pregnant, Grapevine Vintage Railroad, Grapevine
***All photo credits go to Janice Barrett of JJ Barrett Photography***


1 Week Old, Our Home  
***All photo credits go to Janice Barrett of JJ Barrett Photography***




 8 Months Old, Nash Farm, Grapevine
***All photo credits go to Janice Barrett of JJ Barrett Photography***






1 Year and 8 Months Old, Montgomery Street Antique Mall and Hale House Vintage Living, Fort Worth
***All photo credits go to Janice Barrett of JJ Barrett Photography***

It is so hard to imagine how our family will change over the next two years. Sadly we haven't gotten any professional pictures taken since Aksel was born, but since I like a comparison I pulled one of the newborn photos I took of him. Anders is above, Aksel is below.

***Top photo credit goes to Janice Barrett of JJ Barrett Photography***

It's my goal to get a picture of the four of us this weekend, our first family photo. Hold me to that, internet. Hopefully I can share the results with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment