Thursday, August 13, 2009

Deep In the Heart of Texas

Kirk and Megan recently drove down to Texas for the weekend to deliver my Dad's car and of course to hang out with family. This was Megan's first time in Texas! Isn't that just darn tootin' crazy ya'll?! We promptly initiated her by eating loads of Tex-Mex, reciting the Texas Pledge of Allegiance, and listening to Willie Nelson while discussing the history of the Alamo. Not. For real, my Mom just read that sentence and got really excited. Sorry Mom. :) Don't get me wrong I LOVE TEXAS. Those were just not the plans we had on this particular weekend.

On Friday afternoon, Andreas and I left work early to go to Aunt Lynn's where we were all meeting. Throughout the weekend I forced Kirk and Megan to pose repeatedly so I could take pictures...apparently Kirk had enough of it by this point. But I kinda love this picture because I can perfectly hear him in my head, 'Ashley, really?'.

That night we had a feast - an amazing spinach salad, steak, potatoes, and garlic bread. Not to mention it was Megan's birthday so we also got to enjoy a wonderful cake in her honor. Thanks for being born Megan. Once we were all sufficiently stuffed we sat around watching HGTV and discussing who we thought would be next to get the axe on Design Star. Oh yeah, we also witnessed this fantastic sunset. Don't ever move Uncle Buck and Aunt Lynn.

The next morning was relaxed. I practiced the technique of sun flare with the most handsome model I know.

Which picture do you like better?

We headed back home, but stopped by the mall before going to the house. We had shopping to do. It was a full afternoon of shopping followed by homemade pizza on the grill, the best frozen yogurt ever at Yogurtland (plain tart with Captain Crunch, mochi, and gummy bears), watching Andreas's soccer game, and winding down on the couch just chatting before bed.

Sunday morning we went to church and headed down to the Village Burger Bar for some....paninis. Bet you thought I would say burgers. Anyway, after lunch we wanted to introduce Kirk and Megan to Top Golf. I was pretty excited because I feel like Andreas and I have made a lot of progress on our game in the last few trips to the driving range. However, we got thoroughly schooled.

Here is Megan with her perfect form. It was ridiculous how graceful she managed to look while swinging a golf club.

Doesn't he just look like a pro? Okay, Kirk is naturally athletic and I can't say I was surprised to see him hit over 250 yards repeatedly. Punk. You're still my little brother...even if you're bigger.

My boys.

And because I believe in gender equality, I have to have a picture of the girls as well.


We had so much fun, even if it was a short weekend visit. Come back Kirk and Megan!


No comments:

Post a Comment