Sunday, April 14, 2013

{Project: Newborn Photos}

As I mentioned, I attempted to take newborn photos of Aksel yesterday.  Keep in mind of course that I am not a professional, but rather a mom armed with a DSLR and some extremely weak Photoshop skills.  Our home office served as my 'studio', complete with furniture, sheets, and blankets collected from around the house as props.  My sweet mother-in-law was my 'assistant', her duties ranging from rocking to singing to involuntarily using her shirt as a diaper.  Honestly between the pee, poop, milk, and sweat our office saw yesterday, it is in desperate need of some Lysol and elbow grease.  Any volunteers?

Having completed this venture, I have an even greater appreciation for professional photographers.  It was hard, y'all!  I mean I knew it would be, but Pinterest and Google searches could not prepare me for the drama that is newborn photography.  

So, without further ado, here are the final results!



From above, it's appears that the basket may have been a bit too small for my big baby.



I managed to capture a little brotherly love...



...and some sweet, quiet moments of Aksel alone.



I captured tiny, newborn feet and tiny, newborn yawns.



But this is my favorite picture of the day.  My two boys.  I love them so.



No comments:

Post a Comment