Thursday, November 21, 2013

{Week in Review}

Texas weather can be a bit unpredictable, but that's nothing you didn't already know. This week, fall has been having a bit of an identity crisis, and we decided to take full advantage. The leaves are boasting their autumnal hues and temperatures are hovering in the upper 60s, an irresistible invitation to head outdoors. So today we packed up lunch and headed to the park. 

A bit of playtime was essential before filling our bellies. 


After we spread out our grub, Aksel kept climbing into my lap as if to say, 'Gimme dat food Momma.' Just look at that face.


In the meantime, this little guy was in PBJ heaven. Sidenote - can you imagine a more difficult way to eat a sandwich?!


After filling up on pretzels and clementines, it was back to the playground. Lucky for us, our neighborhood park has two swings!



Aksel and I retreated to the sidelines after a while to play in the grass and watch the colors dance above our heads. 


And Anders happily played with his monster trucks. 


In an effort to keep it real, I want to let you know that this particular outing ended with me wrapping my own pullover around a certain little boy after a potty accident threatened to leave him pantless. I then proceeded to quickly pack up our lunch and blanket and get the boys bundled into the stroller just in time to push them home in the rain. So I guess my point is, not everything is as picture perfect as it may seem on the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment