Friday, July 10, 2009

25th Birthday

My 25th birthday was amazing, fantastic, delightful, and delicious. Thank you for all the birthday wishes. The phone calls, emails, and messages made me feel so loved!

The collective generosity of family and friends have contributed to my home decor, my health, my wardrobe, my library, and my chef skills. What more could a girl ask for?! (If I'm 25, do I still get to call myself a girl? I think I'll stick with it and reevaulte in 5 years.)

This guy

was sweet enough to treat me to a special evening to celebrate the occasion. He took me to the new Wolfgang Puck restaurant, 560, at the top of Reunion Tower. It's hip, modern and serves Asian-American fusion food with impressive presentations. Most of the dining patrons were playing it cool and weren't taking taking snapshots every five minutes, but we wanted to bring the experience to you guys too so we happily sacrificed our image!

This, my friends, is 'ALASKAN HALIBUT, THAI SHRIMP, AND KAFFIR LIME WITH PINEAPPLE CHILI SAMBAL'. Soak it in. It tasted even better than it looks.


It made me a happy girl. This is what a happy, 25 year old Ashley looks like!


Here are a few shots of Reunion tower and view of the Dallas cityskape from our table.

And now, for the grand finale. BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE. Upon bringing the souffle to the table, the waitstaff proceeds to cut it open, revealing piping hot chocolate ganache. As if that weren't decadent enough, vanilla and chocolate gelato are placed into the steaming hole and the entire dessert is topped off with chocolate sauce. *sigh*


What a memorable way to mark a quarter of a century!

No comments:

Post a Comment