Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{Week in Review}

We spent the first day of our new year together as a family, doing fun family things... like taking down Christmas lights in the freezing cold.  Mostly Andreas took down the lights, I froze, and Anders took advantage of the opportunity to run behind the bushes in our flower beds and attempt to climb the gutters while we were preoccupied.  The boys did, however, take a break to have a little fun.  Forgive the blurry photos.  I alternated between taking pictures and yelling at them to be careful.





January 2nd marked our return to reality.  Andreas went to work, and I stopped pretending that eventually a maid would come clean my house.  Anders and I managed to clean my car (I'll spare you the picture of an almost-two-year-old's car seat after two 11 hour road trips), but that was exhausting.  We needed a break to play in his new big boy room.



The next day we decided it was warm enough to take Anders' new wagon out for a spin.  Things started out casually, but we ended up on a serious airplane hunt.





Later in the week, we went to an indoor playground at the mall, or as I like to call it - the germ pit.  It's probably as close to the Hunger Games arena as you can get in the suburbs.  The children all fight to the death over who gets to play on which toy, disinterested viewers parents sip on their Starbucks, update their Facebook status on their iPhones, or try to ignore the fact that their 8-year-old is winning the game on a playscape clearly intended for toddlers.  I'm teasing...mostly.



It's a stare-down on Tweety mountain.



Here Anders displays the proper form for channelling your inner caveman.  Conquer toy, stand tall, arch back, let out a big yell to mark your territory.



Navigating the local wildlife, hopping from flower to flower (ignore the other parent photobombing my picture).



I like to call this one 'testing my immune system'.  Pepe is getting a full-on kiss there, people.

This weekend was perfect for a visit to the park.  The air was crisp and the sun was out, so we packed the wagon with snacks and headed across the street.  As if you can't tell, our little man loves the chance to run around and play outside.  And look - some of these pictures include people other than Anders!  Bonus!






No comments:

Post a Comment