Friday, February 8, 2013

{Bump Watch}

This Tuesday, I hit the 32 week mark.  My BabyCenter phone app sweetly reminded me that I'm gaining approximately a pound a week now.  As if any woman at 32 weeks needs a greater reminder of her weight gain than the simple task of getting dressed every morning.  

Speaking of getting dressed, I'm not exactly sure how it happened that I'm wearing a pink, striped shirt two weeks in a row for my 'bump' shots.  Coincidentally enough, these happen to be the only two pink shirts I own.  Maybe it's all the estrogen pumping through my body.  Maybe it's my way of dealing with becoming even more outnumbered as the only girl in the house.  More likely it's the fact that I have ten or fewer shirts that are still acceptable for me to wear in public.  Odds are you'll be seeing at least one of these again if I can keep these weekly posts going.  

And even though I can't detect much belly growth when comparing last week's photo to this week's, there is at least one obvious change.  I got my hair cut!  You see, as soon as Anders entered the world, my hair started falling out.  Thank you, hormones.  It continued falling out for about a year, and then the baby hair fairy paid me a visit.  Neither phase has been all that flattering.  I have no idea what's in store for me after baby #2 is delivered, but it was time for a change.  For me, this was a big change, the shortest my hair has been in over ten years.  And bless my stylist's heart.  Cutting a pregnant woman's hair must be a thankless job.  Even though I would say that I'm a pretty level-headed pregnant lady, nothing induces emotional instability faster than a drastic hair cut.  I maintained my composure during the appointment, but I'm pretty sure my stylist-friend could read my poker face.  Thankfully, it didn't take me too long to really appreciate my new reflection.  I will admit that my husband's sweet and approving comments helped me get there faster than I would have on my own.  But here I am, happy in all my short-haired, big-bellied glory.  

Happy 32 weeks, baby boy.  Can't wait to meet you soon!

1 comment: