Saturday, March 2, 2013

{Bump Watch}

This week's bump photo actually falls between 35 and 36 weeks.  A few people have commented that I've 'dropped' this week, although sadly none of them was a medically trained professional.  My doctor says Baby Vang seems content floating high and getting fatter by the day.



In honor of being thisclose to full term, I decided to write a poem in honor of the process.


An Ode to Pregnancy

Thank you Lord for babies,
Small miracles no doubt.
But Lord please say you're willing
To let this baby out.

It started with some nausea,
Those 'mornings' getting sick.
Then all my problems disappeared
With baby's first small kick.

That baby grew, as did my gut,
And now my back it aches.
Each time I rise up from my bed
It feels like I might break.

My baby's doing somersaults.
My belly button's gone.
Stretch marks span from side to side
As proof of baby's brawn.

In seven days, You created
Every living thing.
So forty weeks seems awfully long
To make a single being.

Getting dressed is such a mess.
I think I'll go insane.
My wardrobe keeps on shrinking
With every ounce I gain.

No shoes fit my swollen feet,
Can't reach them in the shower.
And I never feel quite rested
Since I'm peeing every hour.

I want a VBAC oh-so-badly.
I'm trying not to worry.
The doctor says he's measuring big,
So baby better hurry.

Thank you Lord for babies,
Small miracles no doubt.
But Lord please say you're willing
To let this baby out.

*Disclaimer:  Please do not interpret this silly poem to mean that I am not grateful for this baby boy and his gestation period.  I'm extremely thankful to God for the newest addition to our family.  I am simply eager to meet him, and would prefer to do so in a natural manner before he is the size of a small toddler.*

No comments:

Post a Comment